Posted to rec.audio.car
Mariachi Mariachi is offline

Default Max. size of USB flash-drive for car decks?

On Apr 21, 7:35 pm, Tom wrote:
What's the largest size of a USB flash-drive (aka thumb-drive) that someone
has used successfully in a car deck with a USB port? And what was the make
& model of deck & flash-drive?

I keep reading about device errors above 2GB to 4GB but I was hoping to use
2X or 4X that capacity for MP3, WMA, etc.. An example would be the A-DATA
PD2 16GB model for $200. Specs on various head units say a "USB mass
storage device" w/USB 2.0 should be fully readable but I don't know what to
believe. Thanks for any info.

Tom

I used a 2 gigabyte SD card before... worked most of the time, but
some songs the head unit completely skipped over. When I plugged the
SD card in the computer, it worked perfectly. So it must have been
the head unit itself. But anyways, if you are going to buy a 16 GB
flash card for around 200 dollars, you might want to consider buying a
30 gig iPod for 225 dollars instead with a good aux in with the head
unit.