You have to specify whether you mean "comparable in manufacturing
quality and refinement" or "comparable in sound according to Arny".
Since Arny believes all CD players sound the same Arny will be able to
recommend just about every product for that price that will play CD's.

But, of course, it will be more interesting to hear Arny explain it
himself...

I actually have a hell of a time listening to the differences in CD
players. I do believe there are good ones and bad ones. Difference is
extremely small though (to me). Which is why my cd player is always a
crap one. I picked up this XA7ES for cheap (not working) and trying to
find out if it's worth fixing. As usual, some have said yes for sure,
some have said no, don't waste your money. Having said that, if I could
get a $200USD CD player 'sounding' as good as the XA7ES, then I'm happy
to spend it. I'm not entirely convinced you can though, which is why i
asked him the question.