Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default I need a way to stop my computer's noise

karl wrote:
I have looked at boxes that you put your computer in to stop noise, but
they are very expensive. I was thinking of putting the actual computer
outside the room.

This is normal. Most studios have a machine room adjacent to the control
booth these days, for computers and tape machines.

I know that you would need something to amplify the
monitor signal though. Are these devices cheap and where can I find
them?

The video monitor, I assume you mean? If you're only going thirty or
forty feet, you should be fine if you use a good quality cable. Gepco's
custom cable division can make you a good quality cable. Expect to pay
much more than the Wal-Mart junk.