reddred

Default portable DAW (was: 8X DVD Burner?)

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
reddred wrote:

I was hoping to build a portable system (Shuttle-ish) with both
capabilities in a single drive.

As for your Shuttle box (biostar and gigabyte have almost the exact same
products out btw)

Hence my use of Shuttle-ish, but really waiting for a new generation of
Mini-ITX boards which might offer me the choice of a Centrino. More
than enough horsepower for what I want to do and a whole lot quieter
than a fullblown P4. Should also run from a 12V or 24V DC input if all
goes well.

Is this for tracking?

I'd probably just put the premium in there and carry the
708UF with you. Not nearly as cool, though, granted.

I'd put the 708A inside since backup of the whole session and/or client
handoff is the primary use. Burning a check CD is still do-able, just
not with the full QC option.

I'd agree that a tracking box needs the dvd more than the qcheck.

jb