Jim Gilliland

Default 8X DVD Burner?

Glenn Dowdy wrote:
"Keith" wrote in message
m...

I bought the MagicSpin but haven't opened the package yet since I
heard that Sony or Pioneer are much better and reliable at 4X and the
8X is unproven. I'd like to know if MagicSpin is a reliable or
unrelable off-label brand. Anyone ever hear of it??

I've never heard of it, and I'm in the business. You pay your money and you
take your chances.

I've never heard of it either, but if you open the box, you'll probably
find that the drive inside is actually a Pioneer or Sony (or Ricoh or
Liteon or .....). Most of these drives are made by just a handful of OEMs.