John Durbin

Default Clean Power?

Crack, catch fire, burn large gaping holes around the high-current
components' solder pads - you bet.

My point was that the lower reputation implied for build quality for the
brand you mentioned belied some good designs they made at one point or
another. To be fair, I think you'd have to compare say the PPI
2120/2240/2360/etc. series with the "standard" Sony (current Xplod for
instance) and the higher-priced US-designed and built stuff with Sony's
flagship pieces. Same argument for Sedona vs. Art series and Alpine Flex
vs. V12, Pioneer ODR vs. the "GM" models, Excelon vs. regular Kewood, etc.

JD

John Andreen wrote:

I can't argue that fact as your are correct. I was only trying to make a
quick comparison between life spans of products. You and I have been in
this vocation a long time and we've had our share of product. I kind of
think you had at least one single sided fish paper amplifier board crack
somewhere along the way. That was the gist of the point I was trying to
make.

John Andreen

John Durbin wrote:

You could say the same about an original Sony XES-M1 or M3... I think
you need to establish an apples to apples comparison, can't compare
premium product with run of the mill stuff and expect them to "age" the
same.

JD

John Andreen wrote:

Mr