Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Kadis Jay Kadis is offline

Default Recording "Nature" Sounds

In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Jay Kadis wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Medicine Hat wrote:

Decent results, though I spent a fair bit of time editing out the
sound of aircraft (and the occasional sneeze). No matter how deep into
the bush I go in Ontario, eventually the sound of aircraft will visit.

Yes, but they change a lot. And the sound of DC-3s and Twin Otters is
a whole lot more interesting than that of 757s.

Don't you find it depressing that there's no place left on earth devoid
of aircraft sounds?

I dunno, I get paid to record aircraft sounds so I might be biased on
the subject. But the notion that there is no place free of human activity
on the earth seems to me like a good reason to better fund the space program.
--scott

My friend's father ran a label that recorded the Reno air race for many
years. I grew up around airplanes. In the days after 9/11 I could sit
in the yard and hear no aircraft. It was very obvious something was
missing.

At least sonic pollution won't be a problem on the moon.

-Jay

--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x ---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x
x CCRMA, Stanford University x