Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ed Anson Ed Anson is offline

Default Recording "Nature" Sounds

John Smith wrote:
In my case I am not agonizing over microphones in quite that way. My
agony is that I will spend my money on some thing that will not work
well in a wide area of similar situations. That is because I have to
survive on Soc Sec disability and the small expenditure I am considering
is a large percent of my total monthly income. If there was a nice
pro-audio store nearby, that would not be so much of a problem but I
have to buy mail order with all the hassles that entails. It is
expensive to purchase something that way and have to return it if it
doesn't work out, if they will let you return it at all. At this point I
figure I am going to have to bite the bullet because it seems people who
know what they are talking about do not buy mic's in my price range.

John,

The folks is this group are quite knowledgeable about recording music.
If it's nature recording you want to ask about, check this out:

It's not usenet, and registration is required, but it's free and the
group includes in its number some the world's leading experts on nature
recording. One of the favorite topics of conversation there is how to
get good recordings on a budget. Check out its archives, lurk awhile,
and then ask any questions you still have.

Happy recording.

Ed