Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Peter Cole Peter Cole is offline

Default Appeasing Carbo Doxy, was Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefestfor his global warmies

Stephen Cowell wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote
flipper wrote:

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Strictly speaking, 'Silent Spring' was a little over the top...
as close as I can come, sorry.
__
Steve
.

I've reread parts of it, and given that it's 45 years old or so, I think
it holds up very well.