Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default Appeasing Carbo Doxy, was Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefestfor his global warmies

On Dec 10, 3:53*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
flipper wrote:
I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

DDT was banned on the hysterically hyped claim that it caused cancer.
Not a single case of DDT-caused cancer was ever reported. The banning
of DDT killed hundreds of millions of the poorest and most defenseless
people on earth miserably by starvation and malaria. Rachel Carson,
far from being a saint as the green movement pretends, was the brains
behind a genocide. Those who marched for the banning of DDT committed
a bigger genocide than Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Ho Chi Min and Pol Pot
together.

I've explained all this to you, Colesy, and I remember your
disgustingly smug reply to the effect, "Oh, we now permit them limited
use of DDT," as if their lives are up to you to permit or dispose of.
It's that sort of callousness that makes the American left into such
very, very Ugly Americans.

Personally, I'd find it heartwarming that Americans were actually too
"green". I'd love to hear the argument.

Yup, to American greens, a few eagles are worth 220 million human
lives. Of course, the same greenies are all loudly anti-war. Figures.
Much cooler and less dangerous to your own precious skins to kill poor
people by starvation, eh, Colesy?

With utmost contempt,

Andre Jute
A little, a very little thought will suffice -- John Maynard Keynes