Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rich Litel Rich Litel is offline

Default Audio repair in Chicago?

(Todd H.) wrote in :

Rich Litel writes:

Anybody know a firm that will make house calls to repair audio
equipment in the Chicago area? Audio Consultants only repairs stuff
they sold -which unfortunately in my case, it is not.

Midwest Audio
774 W Algonquin Rd, Arlington Hts, IL
(847) 640-1890

Not in-home though.

I'd be happy to come to your home, unrack the piece of gear that's
ailing it and take it to them for $100/hr including transit time
though. I'm even a degreed electrical engineer, so I can unhook
things very handily.

If it's for a large item such a TV though, TV repair folks are more
setup for the in-home thing more often than not.

Best Regards,

It's actually a large 75 pound speaker with a dead woofer. I would take it
in to a repair place myself, but I live in a downtown highrise with no car.

Thank's for the offer for your service, but if need be, I could always rent
an SUV and do it myself.

-Rich-