Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Crowley

Default subwoofer different make to monitors?

"tommy banana" wrote ...

Richard Crowley wrote:
"tommy banana" wrote ...
could I use a different make ( ie cheaper) sub woofer
with a pair of more expensive higher quality monitors?

Maybe. Depends on a lot of facts not in evidence.
We don't have a clue what kind of speakers or subs
you are considering, and particularly whether any of
them are active or passive, etc. etc. etc.

was considering quested s6 (active) with a sub from say blue sky?

Why not? From this distance, we couldn't tell if you were
looking at some kind of plastic "computer speakers" or
something?