Dave Martin

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
news:CxLme.860378$w62.170407@bgtnsc05-

If you're planning a run of 300-1000, you can do your royalty payments
directly to the Harry Fox Agency website in many cases. I think the

royalty
these days is US$0.0798 per copy, per song, but that may have gone up in

the
last couple of years.

Current mechanical rate is 8.5 cents. You might want to be aware that if you
go for licenses through Harry Fox, they're now charging $10 per song as a
licensing fee with their online site. On the other hand, you can register
(and pay for) up to a run of 2500 through their site. If you were doing more
than that, I'd suggest that you go ahead and contact the publishers
directly - perhaps you could even get a reduced rate...

--
Dave Martin
DMA, Inc