Tim Brown

ansermetniac wrote in message . ..
As a designer of the highest quality of sax mouthpieces

I'd really like to try your mouthpieces, but I can't affor them. My
setup is a Yamaha YTS-62, a Brillhart Ebolin (the size escapes me
right now) for concert band and a Berg Larsen 100-2 stainless steel
for jazz. VanDoren reeds. For jazz I like flexiblity and mellowness,
ala Ben Webster.

it appals me that CDs are eqd so badly. So much so that
Digital is given the bad rap and not the incompetent mastering
engineers . These engineers have been listening to recorded music for
so long they haven't a clue as to what instruments realy sound like.

Yeah, it's the producers too. The media and the hardware are not the
problem.

I am not sure whether CDs sound the way they do to please the masses
or because of incompetence. With statements like the above I lean
toward incompetence. How else could Bill Inglot become tops in his
field His R n R stuff is abominable but did you hear his Jazz for
Atlantic. Giant Steps of mids and highs. Not Trane

Opinions please

I think it's producers who care more about the bottom line than music.
They go for shock value, first impressions. These days they're under
pressure, with falling sales due to file sharing, etc.

TB