Andrew M.

Default Any alternative for Windows XP user who cant use ProTools

I just installed a Digi001 XP system for a client and he now swears by
the PC. He says it works better than any TDM Mac based system he has
used (at major studios in the Los Angeles area). Don't forget that
Digi's parent company dropped Mac support and switched to PC's a few
years ago. There must be a really good reason that AVID switched to PC's
and I am sure it's not because Mac's are better than PC's.

I think with the right hardware both platforms can be stable and you can
get tons of work done.

Edvard Puskaric wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:20:33 -0700, Denny Conn wrote:

I've heard this before, but I'm confused...if it runs perfectly on XP,
how could it run _better_ on a Mac? I'm serious about this, not
trolling..what runs better on a Mac about it?

Nothing runs perfectly when it comes to XP. Microslop is too worried
about making money. Instead of working with an existing OS and
constantly improving on it, they release "new and improved" OS'es
whose stability is marginal. It takes time to tune an OS'es stability,
much more time than M$ is willing to put into it. Instead they
reinvent the wheel. Their philosophy: In the time it took us to
perfect XP, we could have created and released at least three new
OS'es... we lost billions! Shucks!

Ed