Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Justin Mathews Justin Mathews is offline

Default is PWM properly analog?

Firstly -- I discovered this group after looking up a thread about the "Analog Compact Disc" from 1995. Incredibly, there are participats on that thread that appear to be *still* post here.

I too have been bitten by the "better analog" bug, fascinated by Laserdiscs, CED and other potential improvements on vinyl.

I don't hate digital music at all. I work in production, mixing and mastering music and I understand its utility. But as a musician I do notice that something sometimes seems to be lost in A/D.

I'm aware Laserdiscs used some form of pulse width modulation to render analog audio. Is PWM a real continuous signal?

Is it still a fool's errand to hold out for a high resolution analog format? The vinyl resurgence could generate more interest. I know my peers are waiting.

Thanks for reading.