Lord Valve

Jim Stewart wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

This weekend I rescued a beautiful old Dynaco
Stereo 70 amplifier from the dumpster at the
recycling center. It's in good shape, but the
output EL34's are of all different manufacture.

I'd like to get 2 sets of matching pairs for
replacement. I take a look on ebay and there's
a zillion people selling matched pair EL34's.

How do I know that they are truly matched?
There's never any statements about how they are
matched. For all I know, "matched" means the
same manufacturer.

On one website I looked at, the writer suggested
matched Tesla EL34's for good performance at a
reasonable cost. Any opinions on this? Where
can I get two pairs?

I have what you need.

Maybe you could tell us what equipment you use

I built all of it myself.

and how you match your tubes

Really friggin' close.

and how much they
cost.

Not all that much.

Those folks listed in my sigfile know how good they are.
If you'd like to hear for yourself, just listen to the radio...
there'll be some of mine on in a bit.

LV