Jim Stewart

Lord Valve wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

This weekend I rescued a beautiful old Dynaco
Stereo 70 amplifier from the dumpster at the
recycling center. It's in good shape, but the
output EL34's are of all different manufacture.

I'd like to get 2 sets of matching pairs for
replacement. I take a look on ebay and there's
a zillion people selling matched pair EL34's.

How do I know that they are truly matched?
There's never any statements about how they are
matched. For all I know, "matched" means the
same manufacturer.

On one website I looked at, the writer suggested
matched Tesla EL34's for good performance at a
reasonable cost. Any opinions on this? Where
can I get two pairs?

I have what you need.

Maybe you could tell us what equipment you use
and how you match your tubes and how much they
cost.

Lord Valve

Massive sigvertizement snipped..