Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

I had to help my asst manager turn back on
the background music in our store today.

I also got a good look at the device that mixes
together the music and POP announcements,
it sits on top of the mixer/amp I mentioned above.
It looks sort of like a fancy cable box, with a
scrolling backlit LCD display, a couple of buttons,
and a round wheel which either scrolls through
menus or controls the device's output/volume.

I tried turning it counterclockwise, hoping it
would lower the devices output level so we could
get the amp "Aux" knob out of 1 into a useful range
(4-5) but it was in a mode other than volume
mode, and did nothing.

I did not pay attn to the make/model of this 'thing',
and could describe it only as a 'music server',
with cat5 connector, power, and audio out
connections on the back. Very Star Trek
looking box! The brains of the music system.