Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:49:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
James:

I could use the soft approach: Mention to him that the music in our other stores(which I visit occasionally on my off time) is a 'bit louder' than ours, and see what he says.

Don't know how I'm wasting your time, but I do get that it's an interpersonal issue rather than technical. I also have the same hard time convincing owners of TVs that calibration will enhance their enjoyment of their displays, so I admit - the problem is really ME.

I have 10 years combined corporate and hotel audio-visual experience, and have laid hands on the best of the best of analog and digital audio & video equipment, something I could mention to him.

I breached the volume subject to my store mgr once more when we were both on break, about two weeks ago. I put it that I had visited half-a-dozen of our sister stores over the past two months and ours is the only one you can't hear the music in.

His response: "Good. I can't stand half what they play anyway and those silly jingles about weekly discounts."

#2 and #3(asst managers) in line set the volume slightly higher than it should be when it's their turn to open in the morning, which might also have something to do with the way #1(General store mgr) sets it.

All I know is, it bridges my work day and I love hearing customers singing along as they absent-mindedly fill up their carts and baskets with merchandise!