Robert Morein

Default Bob Carver gets his just desserts

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

You religous people have a very interesting saying: "God's light
can shine through any window."

True Bob, but your frequent attacks shed a ton more light on you than they
shed on me.

I can understand why you would
discount me as a source for sound advice.

Then Bob, why do you keep blathering on?

However, I suggest you take
my suggestion to your pastor, describe it to him without
attribution, explain that you are fighting with us, and ask him for
advice.

Bob, if you and the rest of the usual list of RAO antagonists would quit
tossing figurative fire bombs at me and others, there would be a whole lot
more peace around here. It's as simple as that - change your own behavior
and things will change.

Let's take this recent post from "JBorg"

"JBorg" wrote in message
om

"My claim is that Susan Kroobitch is not takin in enough
dough from her nightly rounds in the back alleys there
in Detroit.

Arny,
I don't condone the post. But the reason is appeared is as follows. You
are attacking their, and my, core beliefs with respect to the rules of human
discourse. The disputes about audio are quite secondary. They are responding
with satire, in this case, vicious satire.

Unfortunately, you express your opinions as beliefs with such force that
you frequently challenge the right of others to make their own voices heard.
One primary example seems to be whether us folks on rec.audio.opinion have
the right to report on our own listening experiences, and encourage others
to have informal listening experiences, and based on that, to buy what they
like.

You have the problem that every true believer has. You want to change
the way people think, and you don't understand why it irritates them. Most
of the time, people don't want to change. If the issue is an important one,
like racial desegregation, then large numbers of like-minded people mount
moral crusades over decades, and over generations, changes of attitude
become apparent. I don't mind if you want to try to change the way I think,
but you have to be very nice, very subtle. I wouldn't key off the behavior
of the guys in rec.audio.tech. Engineers are not typically great at dealing
with people.

Rec.audio.opinion is like a party, because for us, music is about having
a good time. Some of us drink our beer warm, and others drink it cold. If
you happen to be a revolutionary, and sit in the corner, except to attack
the party goers for wearing fancy clothes and eating food with high levels
of mercury, you're not going to fit in. And yet many significant things
happen at parties. One simply has to fit in with the atmosphere.

None of the above requires that you change any of your beliefs. But any
change in audio has to come as a seduction. One has to be able to try it
without any fear of loss, be it physical or psychological. To offer your
ideas on such terms, you have to be a very good ambassador. One has to be
almost sly.

As for my attacks on your scientific methodology -- If a Seventh Day
Adventist comes knocking on my door, there are two things I can do: slam the
door, or tear his theology to shreds. They make me angry at their surety of
their "true belief." I slam the door. You pose a similar irritation, but I
can't do that. So I tear your theology to shreds. Whether you deserve that
depends upon whether I think of you as a Seventh Day Adventist, or one of my
best, dearest friends, who happens to be a Christian with a Masters in
Divinity. Yet we never argue. We've had many long hours in which we discuss
theology. Never an argument. He eventually joined the Unitarians, because he
wanted to be in a more inclusive denomination.