Posted to rec.audio.car
Jack Bauer Jack Bauer is offline

Default 1.5 DIN Chevy head unit

SKaReCRoW wrote:
I've been doing some research to replace the HU in my 99 Chevy Suburban, and
I can't seem to find many 1.5 DIN's out there. I'd prefer one with HD radio
capabilities, but that's not a requirement. No matter where I search I
always end up back at the Pioneer DEH-P77DH. All the reviews I've seen are
great. Nobody has said anything negative about it that I've seen. It just
lacks some of the features I'd really like to have. Does anyone know of any
other 1.5 DIN radios out there?

I have the Pioneer unit in my Saturn and I can understand your
frustration. The simple truth is that you don't really get much
advantage to having the 1.5 DIN size. And when you get a standard DIN
with an adapter faceplate, there are so many more options because of the
wide selection. At this point, I am still questioning if going with the
Pioneer DEH-P77DH was worth it or not.

And here is something negative on it: it is WAY too complicated!! There
are so many things that I cannot figure out how to do unless I have the
user manual with me. This includes setting the clock! If you lose that
manual, you are screwed! And there are audio settings that are just WAY
too detailed to make any real difference in a car. Frankly, I like my
cheaper JVC unit in my other car better.