ebsimonds

Default Why shouldn't someone buy Bose?

(Nousaine) wrote in message news:Kk5ac.130243$Cb.1466684@attbi_s51...
Mark Howell
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:57:20 GMT,
(Farrell8882)
wrote:

A friend of mine asked me "Why _not_ Bose?" and I really don't have an

answer
for her. I know audiophiles routinely revile the brand, but that's not an
excuse I'm comfortable sharing. It's not one I can either defend or expound

on.

Here's one reason. The P.O.S. Bose amplifiers in the Delco/Bose
stereo in my Cadillac have failed repeatedly, and one of them actually
caught fire -- the stench was unbelievable although actual damage was
minimal.

So as far as I'm concerned, Bose literally stinks!

Mark Howell

Well that surely sucks. OTOH I've performed extensive and detailed evaluation
of a couple hundred production OEM sound systems and nearly 500 when you count
prototypes and concepts and by and large Bose delivers the best on-road
sound.Their best car systems are better than 80-90% of the home systems I've
listened to...... perhaps 300 over the past quarter century..... in pure sound
quality terms.

Of course, it is true that I've seen no more than a couple really good Bose
home systems.

You obviously haven't listened to the Bloze system in my C4 Corvette
or my C5 Corvette.

Both are without a doubt the crappiest sounding systems I have ever
heard. The Chrysler Infinity system in my wifes '91 Voyager is a
better sounding system than the one in my 2-1/2 year old Corvette.

The only "improvement" in the C5 vs. the C4 is the fact that it's
easier to replace it in stages if you're inclined to do so.

EBS