Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default Ultrabit Platium Disk Treatment

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:42:10 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

Robert Hartley, Absolute Sound, gave rave reviews to the Ultrabit Disk
Treatment. Has anyone tried this? The price is outrageous for a two
ounce bottle of stuff ($65) plus $8.00 shipping. It can't cost the guy
more than a buck to produce it. What other disk treatments are
available? What I am thinking is that if I paid over $70 for a small
bottle of disk teatment, I at least would believe I heard some
improvement!!!!

Its been pretty much established that the only thins that can affect CD sound
from the disc is a system that introduces lots of jitter or a system that
drops so many bits that the error-correction is always in interpolation. Then
of course there's physical damage to the disc itself, but that's another
discussion. So unless this liquid can address either jitter or bit errors,
it's impossible for it to do anything. And even if it did address on or the
other (or both) of these conditions (unlikely), I suspect that it's audible
result would diminish as one used better and better CD players. I say this
because excessive jitter and high bit error rates are usually associated with
cheap players.

At one time, I was convinced that that silly green pen improved CD sound but
a D-B test proved conclusively that it did NOTHING.

I suspect that Mr, Harley has been, once again, tripped-up by his own
methodology and prejudices.