David Morton

(The Horta) wrote:

It's for their entire product line, according to Macworld. Also,
those same experts claim that emulated apps (Rosetta) are
considerably slower then native ones (of course, no surprise
there). While it doesn't matter much for Word it will for most
other apps, including simple browsing. It's just a Band Aid until
their developer community is all on-board.

Developers who're using Xcode are climbing on board. Some have already
released 'Universal Binary' versions of existing applications or
utilities (sorry I called it 'Dual Binary' in an earlier post, but
'Universal Binary' is the Apple term).

OK nothing huge yet,
http://ipsp.kaisakura.com/homebrew.php is one tiny
example, but it *is* starting to happen already, and this when production
MacIntel hardware (stuff that you and I can actually buy) isn't due to
ship until 2006.