Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keoki Keoki is offline

Default TC VoiceLive 2 or Eventide H3000 for vocal?

On Monday, September 3, 2012 10:26:36 AM UTC-10, Scott Dorsey wrote:

You overheated the board and lifted a pad. Now everything related to that
is going to have to come off the board, the lifted bit replaced with a piece

Hello Scott,

I got my hands on a multimeter, and I checked continuity. The "lifted" pad that I soldered seems to conduct current quite fine, even if it looks uglyish. (Second soldering from left) Basically everything checked out except the nicest looking first solder. Huh? I gently removed the soldering, checked the two bare pads themselves - no continuity! No wonder then!

http://www.southseascave.com/wp-cont.../cont_test.jpg

These two were unconnected in the original setup. So I tested the two other pads of that triplet which used to be connected. Also no continuity! I did blow something, then, perhaps the nearest soldering to the left of those pads. I noticed how it kept getting darker as the work dragged on; it wasn't too glossy to start with.

Do I call Precision Radio?