Scott Dorsey

I am looking for some sort of device that will record from cassettes to
mp3. Just like you have a cassette to cassette recorder which really
quickly copies to the contents of one tape to another, I need a quick
way to record it to mp3. Is there such a device to play a tape, record
via sound cable or whatever into the pc, record with software as an
mp3, then play at regular speed?

No. It's hard enough to get decent transcriptions from cassettes in realtime,
and it's something that you have to do while listening, you can't do it
unattended because you have to ride azimuth. If you have a huge number of
cassette dubs to do and you don't have the time, contract it out to a
company like Full Track in Seattle that specializes in large dub jobs.