Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Edmund[_2_] Edmund[_2_] is offline

Default Finally.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 03:34:09 +0000, Audio Empire wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:31:59 -0700, Digiman wrote (in article
):

Some (none) of you will remember I some time ago questioned this group
about a good RIAA-stage. I got some good advice, especially from Mr.
Audio Empire, and i kept on looking.
Now, the hunt is over. I purchased a Audio Research SP-14
pre-amplifier. And its good :-). There is such a presence of vocal in
the room, and when vocal is good,the rest follows.
(Im norwegian, excuse my limited vocabulary) so I will not go into
further detail. What i inted to say here is that I've found peace, Im
satisfied. I guess thats a rare thing in this business.. I know there's
a lot of oldtimers in here with a lot of experience, Pierce and Empire
comes to mind, any experiences with this unit? _______
Digiman

AR equipment is very good. They have good designs and use the highest
quality components. For many years I used both an SP-9, then an SP-11. I
recently sold the SP-11 and got $3500 for it even though it was more
than 20 years old! Shows how well good tube equipment holds its value!

Ough, it hold it price value an awful lot better that its technical specs I guess. :-)

It still sounded magnificent the day I sold it.

You made a good choice, I think. Good luck.

Audio_Empire

Edmund