Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AES Show Report

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
Thanks for the report. I missed the memo about Alteros going bust. Too
bad, but I guess the people who buy wireless mic systems are more
concerned about range than robustness. Too bad they couldn't provide both.

The whole point of the Alteros system is very limited range and very poor
penetration. This is a huge benefit for applications like broadway theatres
where interference from adjacent theatres is a huge problem.

The thing is, after you have sold a system to every theatre on broadway,
you still haven't sold that many systems.