Gareth Magennis

"Denis Sbragion" wrote in message
6.1...
Hello Gareth,

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in
:

I disagree, I think this is a leading edge stuff. We are talking
about how people react with science, and I think it is little
understood. We are talking about people experiencing differences
between different cables but there being no scientific explanation or
experimental proof of this happening. And I believe that as we

mhhh, better to say that there's an explanation that audiophiles don't
like. To me instead that explanation fits perfectly the reality and the
available evidence.

But just the opposite holds true as well -.just as the explanation fits
perfectly the reality to you, so the explanation so does not fit the reality
and experience of the Audiophile.

progess we will discover, as man always has done, new ways of
modelling or attempting to explain what is going on. And maybe there
will some time soon be some paradigm leap in understanding that knocks
every current theory on its head. That is the nature of science. The
theory that matter arises from mind is just as valid a theory as the
opposite theory most people hold to. There are sll sorts of
conflicting theorys out there, all sorts of odd philosophies, any of
which could be more valid than any other. I just don't happen to
believe that right now we have everything worked out the way we would
like it to be. We are constantly learning, changing our views,
discovering new ways of thinking. I am saying be open to all
possibilities, not be blinkered by thinking we know it all now.

The way people react to science, paradigm leaps, nature of science,
something that knocks every (!?!) current theory, odd philosophies,
everything (!?!) worked out, and so on. Are we still talking about audio?
don't think so. I don't even think we're talking about science.
BTW, I agree with you: we have to just get over it and agree to
disagree.

Yes, we are talking about Scientists and Audiophiles telling each other they
are wrong simply because of a difference of opinion. It is not helpful to
confuse opinion with fact, which is why the only option is, in fact, to
agree to disagree.

Gareth.

Bye,

--