Gareth Magennis

"Denis Sbragion" wrote in message
6.1...
Hello Gareth,

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in
:

My point is that if you think that things can be explained by current
scientific knowledge, it implies that these current theories cannot
possibly be incorrect or missing vital parts. You are basing your
explanation on a severely limited knowledge base, which I believe is
fundamentally flawed logic. There could be all sorts of reasons, as

you talk like we're discussing about some bleeding edge research about
subatomic particles, or some completely new theory of astrophysics.
Instead
we're discussing just about the reproduction of sound, hardly something so
new or so complicated. Isn't this even more flawed?
It's quite hard for me to believe that we have been able to send the
man to the moon, some robots to mars, a probe out of the solar system,
we've been able to receive signals from stars billions of light years
away,
accelerate particles close to the speed of light, and many other amazing
things, and we aren't able to understand how sound and its reproduction
actually works.

Bye,

--
Denis Sbragion
InfoTecna

I disagree, I think this is a leading edge stuff. We are talking about how
people react with science, and I think it is little understood. We are
talking about people experiencing differences between different cables but
there being no scientific explanation or experimental proof of this
happening. And I believe that as we progess we will discover, as man always
has done, new ways of modelling or attempting to explain what is going on.
And maybe there will some time soon be some paradigm leap in understanding
that knocks every current theory on its head. That is the nature of
science. The theory that matter arises from mind is just as valid a theory
as the opposite theory most people hold to. There are sll sorts of
conflicting theorys out there, all sorts of odd philosophies, any of which
could be more valid than any other. I just don't happen to believe that
right now we have everything worked out the way we would like it to be. We
are constantly learning, changing our views, discovering new ways of
thinking. I am saying be open to all possibilities, not be blinkered by
thinking we know it all now.

Gareth.