Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default To Knob or not to Knob

Laurence Payne wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:18:48 +1200, "Geoff"
wrote:

The Big Knob does exactly what the monitor control module on a
typical large format control does.

Well no. You can easily have a Big Knobsiiting on the same deskas
your DAW. To tweak a level on a mixer you have to get upand cross
the room - well I do.

Seems an unproductive arrangement. Why not arrange your gear better?

It is better, and highly productive arrangemt.I seldom need to get up
BECAUSE I have my knob in hand.

Most of my work is done at my DAW which is where my seat is and is optimally
positioned. My mixer is now used primarily as 24 mic pres, and a headphoone
monitor mix, plus a bit of routing. A remote level control (Medium Knob) on
the mixer control room output is just great next to my DAW.

geoff