Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
philicorda philicorda is offline

Default To Knob or not to Knob

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:39:39 +0000, Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:

"philicorda" wrote in
message
:
: :: Can you solo input channels to the control room
: speakers without it
: : affecting the headphone mixes?
:
: I seemed liked those two functions would be
seperate
: but I do not know for sure.
:
: It would be nice if you can. One of the big
annoyances I have with
: monitoring in the box is that most software assumes
you are only recording
: yourself, and don't need to solo stuff while
recording.

Ask Greg Ondo the Steinberg Marketing Manager on this
forum
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/c...nuendoatlanta/
http://www.moneygrow.com/cubase-nuendo/

I'll do that.

Like I said I mix my cues and monitor the live room
from a board. I think this is the only way to go.

Yes, I do the same, with my long suffering mackie 24/8/2+ 2
delta 1010s. Not found a better way yet.

Things might be changing though...
I've been working with a bloke who uses a portable rig with MOTU traveller
+Cubase 4+ behringer headphone amps. He uses a combination of the Cubase4
control room and MOTU soundcard mixer to set up 4 independent
'zero' latency monitoring mixes.

I couldn't figure out how to do solo, though he seemed to get on fine
without it.

Seems to work well, though it's a lot of routing to keep in your head.
It certainly makes a mixerless very portable rig for doing bands
possible, which is why I'm interested.

peace
dawg