Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default XLR to stereo 3.5mm cable?

wrote:

I have a Sony camcorder which has a 3.5mm socket labelled "external
mic, plug in power". I'm a keen musician and have a good quality
condenser microphone which has an XLR output. I want to connect the two
to give me better quality sound on the camcorder.

The internal mic in the camcorder is stereo, so I can only assume that
the external input is made for a stereo mic. My condenser mic is mono.

I was hoping that someone could advise me on how to construct a lead to
connect the mic to the camcorder. I have a couple of old XLR leads that
I'm happy to chop up, and I've got a spare 3.5mm stereo jack for the
other end.
`
Also, what does "plug in power" mean? I usually use 48v phantom power
with my condenser mic, but it has the facility to put in a 1.5v battery
if I need to.

This isn't a design question.

Posted to rec.audio.pro and rec.audio.tech.

Graham