still learning

Cyrus said:
The Rythmik amps *are* the PE amps, with upgraded caps/opamps and 4th
order xo's as opposed to PE's 2nd order. This is parroted information
though, I have no first hand experience. I can't see paying more than
$150us for an AB plate amp w/out at least one parametric band and 2nd
order xo's though.

I think the biggest bang for the buck with the greatest flexibility
would be the Behringer EP1500 with the parametric EQ I mentioned
earlier.
400 wpc@ 4 ohms or in bridged mono mode 900@ 8 ohms and 1400 @ 4 ohms.
It has a switchable LP filter for 30 Hz or 50 Hz and on/off muting. At
$249.00 for the amp and IIRC $89.00 for the EQ, think you'd be set for
the next 20 years or so and the only thing left to upgrade would be the
driver in the sub, but that's a whole 'nother story.