Soundfreak03

Default when is capacitors used?

I understand what you're saying, but my main results are not the seat of
the pants kind. Before caps my voltmeter (the one in my MR2's dash, as
well as a seperate DMM) showed a substantial (1-2 volt) voltage drop at
each bass hit. After installing the caps that drop was signifigantly
reduced, to the point that I had to TRY to get any drop out of it. I
wouldn't try to argue just on a seat of the pants thing... I've heard
too many people say their air filter made their car feel faster to try
to argue a point like them.

But what does that voltage drop actually represent in terms of AUDIBLE
differences? Not enough for you to hear it.
Look at the discussion b/ween Mark and John Durbin, and look at the math and
you will see. Good write up by the both of them and informative.

Psychoacoustics is more powerful than you think. You saw the change on the DMM
and then "heard" one as well. A similar thing happened to me the other day
adjusting delay rings in a large Hall. One ring needed more level, I adjusted
it in the computer, and I heard a difference. Only when I went back to the comp
did I realize I adjusted the wrong ring!!!! It happens. You expect the change
so you hear it.

Les