Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

Default Knackered fantasies, was SET v. PP, the big fight tonight

"flipper" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:15:42 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in
message
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:50:58 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

So what do you think of the upcoming Toyota Volta :-) ?
.. "The concept car features a carbon-fiber body and
chassis, making it extremely light --under 2900 pounds.
The sports car also uses a 6-cylinder version of
Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive that makes
more than 400 hp. "

I think it's a crock of ****. What's the point of
putting a carbon-fibre body on a pile of lead-acid
batteries?

Got a reference for that item about the Toyota Volta
being based on lead-acid batteries?

Based on what I know about Toyota hybrids, I'd expect
NiCad.

NiMH would be a better guess considering that Toyota
formed a joint venture with Panasonic Batteries to make
the things and it enjoys a 50% share of the overall HEV
battery market.

Interesting!