Mkuller

Default Comments about Blind Testing

And that's because -- and this is the crucial thing -- it
can't *ever* be a good method, for verifying subtle differnces.
In other words, in contrast to scientific methods,
the method advocated by
the main 'voices' of audiophilila, and people like yourself, is
*fundamentally and essentially flawed*,
as all researchers in the field of perception acknowledge.

DBT for audible difference is 'perfectable' -- sighted listening simply
*isn't*.

Neither one is perfect as it stands now. You happen to prefer your imperfectly
applied DBT which obscures differences over my method which doesn't provide
"adequate controls" for bias.

Otherwise, provide me an example of a 'perfect' DBT with a sensitivity which
has been verified to be, say around 0.2db - two times the difference Pinkerton
is demanding for his $4.5K Cable Challenge. (Our money is safe.)
Regards,
Mike