Grant Taylor

Default In search of the perfect Home Audio Appliance (or something like it)

James writes:

Or, if you know exactly what you want, you can have a case fabricated
to your design by an enclosure fabricator such as www.protocase.com;

$250 is expensive. I've had to deal with the lack of 19" 2u,3u and
4u cases costing more than the $50 they should.

Sure, but the OP was after 12 inch consumer electronics format cases.
Existing special format PC cases routinely sell in the upper 100s, so
if someone is really picky, $250 isn't so bad.

There are people out there that paint their car to match their
handbag. Appearance matters, sometimes a great deal.

If somebody will take autocad and layout a versatile 19"chasis
design, I'll build them, as I need about 10 for myself. I have to
get 50 ($50) or $2,500 made up, but, I'll take the hit on that, as I
know I can sell them for $50 each, with no power supply.

Seems like it would be less hassle for you to buy 10 cases, even at
the going rate of $100 or so. But if you were to turn up selling nice
2/3/4U cases for $50 I agree that you'd have no trouble selling them.

--
Grant Taylor - gtayloratpicante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
Linux Printing Website and HOWTO: http://www.linuxprinting.org/