Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Were later mono TV broadcasts recorded in stereo?

John Williamson wrote:
On 14/07/2018 17:47, Scott Dorsey wrote:

I don't think I saw a stereo console in a video facility until the 1990s,
to be honest. Hell, video people were happy if they could understand the
words. Sometimes they were happy even if they couldn't.

Going by what I've heard on the box lately, that last bit's back in fashion.

Sadly I am not sure it ever went out of fashion. Although now we get
unintelligible mush in 5.1 and the synch is off...