Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Resuming Music Stream After Playing A Local MP3 File.

On 05/07/2018 17:08, Sergio Tirado wrote:
I once had it working but instead of foobar2000 I was using Windows Media Player and after the local MP3 file played, Spotify resumed and keep on playing. The reason I had it working is because I found an article that showed how to configure Windows Media Player to use exclusive mode, but everything I get on Google searches is people saying that it can't be done, so I finally gave up.

Anybody knows how I could implement this?

You may need to upgrade the Windows licence to permit Media Player to
work, as Windows 8 and 10 are a bit picky about media in certain versions.

Otherwise, you could possibly use a batch program to start foobar2000,
play the mp3, then restart Spotify.

Also, the procedure here may work using an Android tablet as the playout
device, though timed playout of the local stuff may be a problem:-

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...es-on-my-phone

Alternatively, you can set Spotify to add local files to its playlist:-

https://support.spotify.com/us/using...o-local-files/

Google also found this, but I've not downloaded and tried it. Don't
install it on a live system until you've checked it. :-

http://rutrackerfolio.weebly.com/blo...tware-download
--
Tciao for Now!

John.