Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default An mp3 decoder in detail ( includes source, I think in Haskell )

Les Cargill writes:

http://blog.bjrn.se/2008/10/lets-build-mp3-decoder.html

Interesting and also somehow frightening, as in "...looks to me that if I pull that
brick out over there I'll collapse the entire building..."

This while being assured that removing just a few bricks (or quite a few) will have
no noticeable effect when the building is slapped back together... (or that the
seawall near the reactor will never be breached... or that the oh so
cleverly-designed steamship will never sink...)

Forget that the re-assembled building is missing some offices, bathrooms, maybe even
a hallway or two (possibly even an entire floor), it still looks more or less like
the original building so everything's cool, yes?

Thanks for finding and posting. This is good background to have. It's oddly
fascinating to stare into the eyes of satan. (No! Wait! I don't mean to start
another religious thread, it's a figure of audio speech...)

Frank
Mobile Audio