Martin

Default Neumann KM84

Okay, that makes sense. I just assumed that the 184 took over from the 84
because so many people have commented on using the KM184 on acoustic guitar,
but much preferred the KM84.

Martin

"ScotFraser" wrote in message
Why did Neumann stop making the KM84? It seems that those who have

used
both generally prefer the KM84. The recording I did with the KM184 on
acoustic guitar was too harsh on the high end. I just listened to an
acoustic guitar recorded with a KM84 and it was far superior to the KM184,
at least to my ears.

The KM84 was NOT replaced by the KM184. It was replaced by the KM140,

which is
not as boosted in the high end as the 184. The 140 was considered an

upgrade
because it was quieter, higher output, has a more extended low range, &

more
clarity in the highs. They thought this was an improvement. I have a bunch

of
both 84s & 140s. Different mics for different jobs as I see it.

Scott Fraser