Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Records again

Arny Krueger wrote:

The V15 IV was introduced in 1978. It is positively ancient. I
believe that there were cartridges in those days or slightly later
whose tracking was competitive with it. I believe that there are
several modern cartrdiges that are competitive and only modestly
priced.

Really? There isn't much real technical information available for
cartridges these days, but I can't remember seeing anything as good
(distortion, frequency response) as a V15.

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/LP4/NewLampsForOld.html

It seems like it would be possible for any competitor to
reverse-engineer the V-15 VI - V and duplicate its "magic sauce".

Beryllium cantilever?

Andrew.