Posted to rec.audio.car
Jack Bauer Jack Bauer is offline

Default Missing "Hard" Bass in System

Guest wrote:
I have this
(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V8nL1LR...61a&tab=review
) amp and Infinity Kappas. For some reason I am missing hard bass lines
and hard bass. Is there something wrong? Well, sure it is. I tried
adjusting the crossover and I still have that problem. It is annoying.
I have no problem otherwise. Should I go with separates?

My first question is - have you had good sound in that car in the past?
Because if you haven't, then you may have problems with the car's
acoustics, needing sound proofing, eliminate SPL, Dynamat, etc.

I have a car with similar problems. I don't think the addition of an
amp is the answer or cause of these problems. In my case, the rear deck
has a number of holes in it, so I get speaker pressure loss until I
plug them. Then there are the plastic body panels which absorb a lot of
the sound, and I have to use sound deadener there.