Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

Default Capacitor connected cathodes in PP output

On 2019-05-10 06:33, wrote:
Ran across an amp that has a 5 mf cap connecting the cathodes in a PP output amplifier.

Looking through RDH for info on this arrangement I can find nothing.

I would like to fully understand the effects of using this arrangement.

do they have separate cathode resistors?

anyway I'd say it's probably some kind of filter to improve low end gain
or something like that. Either that or you mistake the capacitor for a
cathode bias bypass cap, which is common and increases stage gain a bit.

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me

'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie'
"Straighten up and fly right"