Eddie Runner

Default Actual tests - aiming woofer boxes

Here we go again!
People dont like the results of a test so they ALWAYS ask to
change the tests in the hope that the outcome comes out THEIR WAY!

Paul, last night I did two cars, I did alot more tests even with the woofer
aiming
straight up in the air and side ways with nothing close to the cone and the
results
blend right in right where I would expect it to... I think the pictures make
the
woofer box look like it is practicly touching the back of the seat but it isnt,
there
are several inches of space in there... And the woofer is just about as close
the rear when the trunk lid is closed!!

Remember the WHOLE POINT OF THIS is to prove Tom Noisaine is wrong
when he tells the kids (and us) that moving a woofer box around cannot
possibly make any difference to the bass... Its plain to see it DOES make a
difference!

I think Tom also tried to say that opening a door on the car wont make a
difference... We did a test with the woofer box aiming UP in the tahoe and
then did the sweep again with the passenger door open... Pretty much the
whole curve had more bass with the door open but the big difference was
a suprising SIX db at 20Hz..!! Yes 20Hz!! I may have time to format the
pictures and make a web page on the door open tests later today...

Im also hoping to do some tests on some different cars later today as well.

I guess Tom is too embarassed to post about it...ha ha
Maybe he is making his own sweeps with his PAINT PROGRAM!
ha ha

(note, I have lots of pictures and witnesses listed in my tests!!
so far Toms tests are just hearsay)...

Eddie Runner
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

Paul Vina wrote:

Eddie,
Do youguys have a smaller enclosure laying around you could try it with?

Paul Vina