Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Equipment for sale RIPOFF ALERT!

wrote:
On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:56:15 -0700 (PDT), Danny T
wrote:

Just a thought .... Your site looks nice but your rate of $50 an hour
or $500 for a 10 hour day is kind of funny. The point of a block rate
is to save a few bucks. There is no incentive to buy a blocked out day
with your rates.......... Just my 2 cents.......

Good point.

It's pretty common pricing practice. The client knows what he's paying
up front, and the seller can bank on a set fee as well. Usually
anything past ten hours is prorated at $750 (or time + 1/2 of whatever
the day-rate is). Some vendors allow a half-day rate, with the caveat
that if the work takes significantly more than five hours, the full-day
rate applies.

Other advantages are that there is an incentive to get the work done in
a discrete block of time; and the client can't book more time than he
needs, then refuse to pay the difference. If I block out a ten hour day
for a gig, I expect to get paid for it.

Otherwise, the possibility exists that I passed up a full day for
another client.