Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default AR3a vs. JBL-100

I have always had brute-force amplifiers such as the Citation 16, or 19, or back in the day (and still today) AR electronics. So efficiency has never really been an issue - the main speakers are Maggies after all, and in quite a large room. The single pair of JBL 100s I have heard - and not in my venue - set my teeth on edge. The AR3as in the that same venue did not.

I am glad that you enjoy both sets of speakers, nor am I suggesting that JBL speakers are "bad". Nor do I disagree with you on any one speaker is any more suitable for any given type of music than any other. But the JBLs are not to my taste.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA