Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tubes

Default Novel? Guitar amp input stage, single 12AX7, footswitchable using"folded" feedback loop.

Lord Valve wrote:

Stephen Cowell wrote:

"WB" wrote
Morris Slutsky wrote:

Anyway I came up with this circuit, which allows easy footswitching
with no relays or anything between a 'clean' input stage and a 'high
gain' input stage, with appropriate frequency response voicing. It's
built and working, as part of a homemade amplifier, and I really do
like the sound so far.

Did you try to simply by-pass the second tube ?

1.) You need a voicing change for guitar 'crunch'... lifting
the cathode cap gives this (necessary) change.

2.) 'Bypassing' a stage is not easy... pops, thumps,
DC states, inversion of phase... all apply.

Your suggestion would result in 180degree phase change
when you stomp... not a good idea, in and of itself.
__
Steve
.

Since this is crossposted to rec.audio.tubes, there'll be a disconnect
between the dudes who handle their glass with white gloves and keep their
gear on the shelf and the dudes who pound the crap out of it and pour it
fulla beer...

Real tubes handle 50+ KW.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.